Uttanasana or Standing Forward Bend is the standing pose of yoga. In this pose your bend forward and try to touch your feet without bend your knees. Benefits are Loose fat, Increase Height and More.
How to do Uttanasana and its steps
Before starting, please watch the Uttanasana video for more understanding then read the following steps carefully, so you don’t make any mistake.
Stand normally with feet and both hands by your sides.
If you are a beginner, increase the difference between feet and for advance decrease the difference.
- Start bending forward with exhaling breath.
- Bend forward as much as possible.
- Try to touch your feet with your hands as much as possible.
- Try to touch your head with your knees as much as possible.
- Make you sure don’t bend your Knees.
- Put Maximum pressure on your Toes, not on the Hips.
- If you are not able to touch your feet then reach as much as you possible according to your body, Don’t force your body too much for the bend.
- Comeback to normal position with inhale breath.
- Take rest with 3-5 deep breath and repeat the same pose.
You can perform Uttanasana in three Way. Perform only in one way at one time and check which is more comfortable and beneficial way for you.
Breath Hold – Hold the position for 5-20 Seconds and hold the breath. Bending with exhale breath → Hold Position and Hold Breath → Back to normal position with inhaling breath. Repeat 2-5 Cycle.
Breath – If you are uncomfortable in hold breath then you can breathe gently. Hold the position for 5-30 Seconds. Bending with exhale breath → Hold Position and Gently Breath → Back to normal position with inhaling breath. Repeat 2-4 Cycle.
Strenght – Hold the position as long as you can hold and breathe gently. Hold for 1/2-2 Minutes. Do only one Cycle.
This guide is only for Beginner’s when you feel that now you are comfortable and able to do actual then avoid the Beginner’s guide and go for real Uttanasana Pose.
It is a Difficult pose, and you need 100% spinal flexibility for this pose. In starting maybe you are not able to touch your feet with your hands so bend as much as possible and reach your hand to your feet and Head to your knees.
Slowly – Slowly your flexibility increase and you decrease the gap between hand and Feet or Head and Knees.
Who don’t do
- The concern with your doctor if you have abdominal, Leg, Hip Injury.
- High Blood Pressure Patient doesn’t do this.
- Avoid those have Lower Back pain.
- Only healthy person do this pose
- Don’t perform immediately after the meal (Food).
- Take 2-3 Hour rest after the heavy meal. 1/2-1 Hour after light Meal like fruits or 15-20 Minute after 1 Glass of Water.
- Don’t take Meal for 30 Minutes after performing Yoga.
You don’t get the immediate result, continue this at least two weeks.You may not be comfortable in starting Because your body needs time to adopt this Pose. If after 2 Weeks you feel any specific problem in your Body then stop doing this Pose.
- Uttanasana is the best pose for increase Hight.
- Increase the Flexibility of Spine and Body.
- Toned Legs, Thighs and, Hips.
- Remove Belly and Back Fat.
- Make Abdominal and Back Health.
- Improve blood flow and make body healthy and Energetic.
Congratulations, now you become the master of Uttanasana.
I take all references from the Yoga Guru (Teacher) Baba Ramdev Teaching.
Note – Proper science working behind all the poses this pose tested and verified result by the Millions of People. This website focus on delivering only the true, best and correct information to you. We don’t post our article just by the reference of other websites and books, first tested by itself or practice by Million’s People.
Thank for reading this article if you have any questions about anything please comment below or don’t forget to help others by sharing this article.